Thursday, September 04, 2008

The B Family Lowdown

So much has went on in the last week or so and I haven't taken the time to get on the computer. I have a ton of pictures that I need to post later but am too tired to do that right now. The sweet B girls have been busy with lots of activities. We started out the holiday weekend on Thursday with a fun visit with my college roommate Carrie and her family. I haven't seen her in ages and the kids were so good together it was nice to be able to catch up. Then Joe, Lorna and Amelia visited us while they were in town for an u/s. Amelia has grown so much and is starting to hold her own so I don't have to handcuff Tess in her presence. Then we headed to Lucan with Beth and Kate for a shower for my cousin Ann. It was fun to see everyone and the girls did pretty well on the trip. Then we came back for our first Gopher game of the season, the girls had a ball but handcuffs might have been handy for Tess. She just likes to move a lot and we hate to annoy our fellow season ticketers on the first game! Sunday we went to the state fair. Very fun and one of my favorite MN get togethers. I shouldn't have any problem gaining some weight before my next prenatal visit after the fair food.

On labor day Beth and Mike were kind enough to watch Tess while Steve, Syd and I did some volunteer work. We helped put sack lunches together for the homeless. It really blew my mind to think that Syd is old enough to volunteer now. It was really fun to hear what she had to say about the whole process. Yesterday Sydney had a "walk threw" appointment at her new room in preschool. I had Granny Annie the nanny come early so she could take care of Tess and Syd and I could go alone. When we were heading out the door to go Syd said to Anne, "Now there is yogurt in the fridge for Tess for breakfast." She makes such a good Mom! After her preschool appt Sydney and I went out for breakfast, it was so nice. Fun to have a little one on one time. She told me, "We better not tell Tess that we went for breakfast because she will be sad!" Such a good big sister. She asked me if I could make sure that her and Tess get to go to the same school when Tess is old enough. That pretty much wraps up what we have been up to besides working and also working very hard finishing up the basement. What a miracle. I am probably putting you to sleep with this windyness, have a great day! Love, Gina

No comments: