Monday, September 15, 2008

More Inspiration in front of me.

So I went to bed last night and prayed that I would be a better Mom and a better nurse today, I really wanted to have a good day because the weather was dreary all weekend and I really wasn't as pleasant as I could have been. So.....I woke up and had a great morning with the girls, they were happy, I was happy and they were cute too. When I left for work they were excited for Granny Annie the nanny to come which makes me really happy. I got to work, it was crazy busy but things went smoothly. Then I had an exceptionally nice patient who really made my day. When I said good bye to her she said to me, "I prayed I would have the best nurse this morning and I had her." Now wasn't that nice. Brought tears to my eyes (as does everything when I am happy during my 2nd trimester!) That is the end of my sappy story. (I could go on and on about this lady because she was so wonderful.)

On to the next: I knew a wonderful lady named Connie (Kelly's Mom) and she had so many wonderful qualities. She was a wise woman and I have so many inspirational things, readings and poems from her (and Kelly too.) I will end this sappy blog entry with something I was reading from her last night to inspire my day.

Be Impeccable With Your Word
1. Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.

2. Don't Take Anything Personally
Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.

3. Don't Make Assumptions
Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.

4. Always Do Your Best
Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.

2 comments:

kb said...

Thank you for remind me Gina. It is just what I needed to see this morning. Love you -

Nik said...

Love this entry, Gina. Both your story and your friend's words were touching and true. BTW, you are a fabulous mom and nurse!