Friday, September 26, 2008

Who Needs a Bed?

I was heading to bed and I checked on Tess to find her sleeping comfortably on her rug next to the little pile of blankets we put next to her bed for now while she is transitioning out of her crib to break her fall! Pretty funny so I had to snap a photo. I left her there because I didn't know how happy she would be to be woke up and moved.....thought Steve would enjoy dealing with it more when he comes to bed!

We had a good day today. I went to bed late last night after painting in the basement and was woke up by Syd this morning at 8:20am to let me know that the plumber was here. So I got up, let him in and then rushed to get Syd ready for school by 9. I think the other preschool Mom's think I don't believe in showering....never a priority on days off! On the way back from preschool I heard an old song about 9/11 and bawled my eyes out like it happened yesterday. Love those pregnancy hormones. Luckily the plumber didn't ask me what was wrong, he would have thought I was a nut. Accurate on most days.

Then I was on the phone when my hearing ear dog (Tess) came to tell her deaf Mother that someone was at the door. It was the carpet delivery man. He was a friendly gray haired, pony tailed, older man with a t-shirt that read, "Balls to the walls Band." and he was missing quite a few teeth but never the less a very friendly guy. When I asked him to put the carpet rolls and pads in the basement he said that he couldn't do that. So I did what I always do when I don't know what to do ....I called Steve to ask him. Steve couldn't understand why he couldn't put it in the basement and I was standing next to the delivery man and couldn't explain to him that the man looked like he had one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. While I was on the phone, Tess did her favorite thing to do with strangers lately, she gave the guy a good shove at eye level and then started laughing. Eye level for her would be his crotch......proud moment, I tried to pretend I didn't notice. We decided to put the carpet in the garage. When I opened the garage door the man looked frightened at the sight the the lack of empty space and said, "I think we can make the basement work." So, long story long, preggers and poor old man with chronic lung problems from years of smoking hoisted the heavy rolls into the basement. I am not sure who was more out of breath. Whatever the case, I smiled the rest of the day because I see carpet in our basements future. Yeah. The rest of the day went beautifully, the girls were good, Steve was good and now I working going to bed. Have a great day and great weekend. Love, Gina

No comments: