Tuesday, August 31, 2010

1st day of school

The day arrived and our summer is officially over...boo hoo.  Sydney went back to school as a 1st Grader and I can't believe it.  Syd got up, enjoyed the carmel rolls that she made with Tess and was ready to go in no time. 

The whole family walked her to her bus stop after I forced her into a few photos. She hugged everyone goodbye (yes, she still does this so I was happy!) Then she confidently marched onto her bus.  A big change from last year when she had a very hard time getting on the bus the first day. 
We watched the bus leave and I tried to hold it together.  Then Tess grabbed Gabby's hand as if to take over for Sydney, it was very sweet.  I was teary which is no surprise to anyone who knows me.  Then Steve left for work and I tortured myself watching the slideshow of pictures several times while making a large dent in the leftover carmel rolls (this was comforting to me but I did not photograph this.) 


When Sydney returned home from school she was so excited and happy to tell me about her day.  I was so proud of her and was beginning to stop feeling sorry for myself....I guess eventually all of my children are going to grow up.  I will let them but there will be tears.....many tears.  I really am blessed.  Have a good day.  Love, Gina

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Hugs.

You cracked me up with the caramel roll comment. Love you.

Naomi said...

wow--1st grade! I'm sure I will be a puddle when Owen starts preschool and that's only 2 days a week--we can wallow together--ha! :)