Monday, August 16, 2010

Dear Summer Weekends, Please don't end.

We had another great weekend with a lot of fun and activities.  We kicked up our communal living a notch on Friday night and my nieces Amelia and Isabel came to stay overnight with us.  That brought the total number of people staying to 11.  7 children under 6.  The children were all very good and played well together so we had a good time.  Saturday we all went to the Irish Festival in the morning and had a good time watching the dancers, eating and hanging out....and of course sweating.  Saturday the heat broke and it was beautiful!  Greg and Nancy invited us to the Kenny festival in our old neighborhood and we had a ball.  The bounce house was a hit with the kids and Gabby experienced lots of "firsts." Then I went to work and had a lovely patient (thank goodness since I was exhausted.  Sunday morning we went out to our favorite pastry shop after church and then I crashed for a few hours.  Then we went to the Lori's to visit with my Mom and Dad and brother and family.  It was so fun to catch up with everyone but in my fatigued state I forgot to take out the camera...bummer.  We spent today outside most of the day, this morning I wore a light jacket when I went for a jog....so awesome.  Tonight Steve took Syd out bike riding and now I am feeling sad just thinking about the girls' summer vacation coming to an end.  Sydney starts school in 13 days and believe it or not, I am not looking forward to it.  I am sure she will have a ball but I will miss them.  But we have been having a great time with our 30 days of fun before they return to school.  Have a great week!  Love, Gina

PS. Photos from the weekend in previous posts.

No comments: