Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dear 35, you were so good to me.



I am sad, the end of my "special week" (as I call it) is over.  After my stretch off of playing, being a Mom and enjoying the beautiful weather it is difficult for me to return to work tomorrow.  In fact I started out the morning having an internal pity party.  How pathetic is that on my own birthday?  Then I decided to pick myself up and realize how much I have to be thankful for.  I did have a great day and my  BF and the girls worked very hard to make it special.  I woke up to a treat for breakfast from the family, I treated myself to a Mocha, walked to a beautiful park near our house with the girls and then Steve joined us after work.  (We snapped a few pics and had a hilarious attempt at a picture of the 5 of us together...I left off the one of me wiping Gabby's nose with my bare hand!)  Steve  picked up dinner, a fabulous cake from the Pattisserie and then they gave me wonderful presents.  During the day I enjoyed many calls, emails, flowers and gifts from friends and relatives, thank you to all of you.  35 was a great year for me, I ran my 2nd marathon, started to "get the hang of" Mothering 3 children and really started to really feel settled into our home in Minnesota.  I have so much to be thankful for and am excited for 36.  Life has been good to me.   Thank you for all of your love and support.  Love, Gina


PS.  A couple of cute things about the girls and my birthday:
-Tess really thought there was going to be a party, she told me she didn't want to go to school because she didn't want to miss my birthday party.
-At school during drop off and pick up she told everyone she saw that it was my birthday.
-When she got home she asked, "After my nap do we need to get ready for all of the people to come?"
-Both Syd and Tess helped Steve with the shopping and celebration planning, very cute.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Gina!!! Miss you! Love, Julie & Dave

Nicki said...

hii there (:
i've found you're blog through 'S,D,& double E'..
i was looking at your blog.. and it's so cute! You have very nice photography and you're girls are {adorable!} i'm now following if you don't mind. if you would like, you may stop by my blog & follow if you like what you see!
- nicki xo