Monday, December 13, 2010

Note To Self

Sydney had her first official "snow day" home today.  I have a great appreciation for her now that she is at school full days this year and really enjoyed having her home with us.  Unfortunately Miss Tess is now having her turn with the bug and spent the majority of the day throwing up.  Poor thing.  Other than a few episodes of missing the bucket she is probably one of the best sick kids I have ever seen.  She just lays on the couch, says "please" and "thank you" and doesn't complain.  I hope she feels better tomorrow and I hope Gabby avoids the whole thing all together.  While the younger girls were resting Sydney and I kept busy on a project that I thought would be a good idea.  Years ago I made these brownies in a jar for favors for my friend Amy's baby shower.  They turned out really cute so I thought it would be fun to do with the girls for their teachers for gifts.  Somehow in 4 years I erased from my memory what a pain in the you-know-what they are to put together.  I guess I thought it would be more fun to do with children?  I am an idiot.  We ended up doing 6 instead of 12 and I will have to figure out something different for their religion and karate teachers, we needed to be done.  I was proud of Sydney though because she did a great job putting them together, cutting and gluing the recipe and decorating them by herself.  With all 3 girls home, 1 child sick,  projects to get done and groceries to be bought tonight there was no time for a nap so coffee will be my best friend until 8am tomorrow.  Why do I do this to myself?  Have a great night.  Love, Gina

No comments: