Friday, January 07, 2011

I Just Laugh.....

It is Friday night, I am so excited, my BF will be home in about an hour.  We missed him terribly but the week went well.  It was busy, the girls were crazy but they made me laugh a lot.  Some things are much more funny when I look back on them later.  A perfect example would be yesterday when I picked up Tess from preschool.  Her teacher tried to stop me to talk to me about some things concerning Tess, while she was trying to talk to me, Tess was trying to hold Gabby in place and keep her from running ahead of us.  This would have been fine but she was holding Gabby by her neck and Gabby was screaming.  The teacher just kept talking, trying to pretend she didn't notice and I just tried not to blurt out, "Just email me what you want to talk to me about, I can't stay!"  Ironically I had just came from a speaker that spoke on "Home Management for the Harried Mother."  (A topic so unrelated to my life!  Ha.)  Today Sydney got off of the bus holding up just one of her new gloves, where was the mate you ask?  Great question.  The gloves that we had bought less than 24 hours before they were lost.  I am going to be honest, I did lecture her on the short walk into the house but I wasn't harsh at all.  Sydney was lucky enough to inherit my "I turn super dramatic when I am hungry gene" and as she walked in the house she said to me, "I can't take this torture anymore!"  Right before storming into her room.  Shortly after this she slipped this note in the photograph out of her bedroom door.  Nice.  I am not sure if she is 6 or 16.  I better buckle up and get ready for the ride because she is going to be quite the teenager.  A few minutes later she came out for her snack and we were all friends again.  Then we all jumped in the truck and drove to the bus depot to retrieve the missing glove.  On the way to depot we talked about how hard it is to buy new gloves in January because the stores are out and we were left to buy expensive ones.  She replied, "They were only $25 Mom!"  Nice.  The glove is back in her possession and we are going to shoot for at least a full week with her new gloves.  Now we are looking forward to the weekend all together again.  We kicked off the weekend with a movie and popcorn so it is starting out pretty nice already.  Sydney said to me, "Do you want me to show you how to start a movie Mommy?"  I just laugh....Have a great weekend.  Love, Gina

3 comments:

Naomi said...

ha! Oh my gosh Gina--that is hilarious. You might have your hands full later on--lol :) Too cute!! :)

MatsonFam said...

Ok...so I have yet to try this, but apparently Lands End sells kids gloves...if you lose one, they will sell you just one...then you don't have to buy the whole pair...just a thought! I love your posts btw and strive to be as great a mother as you are. You always keep things in perspective!

Jenni said...

Hilarious! Oh Sydney, you are so like my Abby! You two must meet sometime!