Thursday, February 03, 2011

A Well Oiled Machine

We all love the sauce but what a mess it makes.  
All cleaned up and looking pretty.  
I am not sure where the time has went since my last entry.  I have been meaning to take a photo of Tess's  handiwork with the scissors but haven't had a chance.  She is a bit self conscience of her work so I will need to sneak one before it grows out.  It is going to be lovely when it starts coming back in because right now it is so short you don't really realize that the hair even existed.  Whenever I bring it up as a teaching moment she quickly replies, "Don't talk about it Mommy."  I like to remind her that we don't cut our own hair.  She doesn't enjoy the reminder.

We are all doing well here, Steve is out of state until tomorrow and I can't say that I enjoy that.  I think it is weird when people say, "You get used to it," or "You don't mind it."  What person gets used to or doesn't mind taking care of 3 children when it is a million times easier and more fun with both parents?  It hasn't been too bad this time because as you know we do have 2 Mom's here (Sydney.)  She likes to think she is second in command.  Some weeks go much better than others and this one is in particular a good one.  Sometimes we (I) feel like a mess and sometimes we(I) feel like a well oiled machine.  This week was a well oiled machine.  I have started working out before Steve goes to work before the kids are up in the morning and it has been easier than dragging Gabby with, the girls' chore chart seems to be motivating them, we made it to church on time for the 3rd week in a row and lastly the key to making Mommy feel organized, we have over 2 packages of diapers in the house and 6 gallons of milk in both fridges (that may last a week.)  Amazing the simple things that now make me feel like I have the world by the tail.  I'll take it.  I just had my hair done (thanks to the village for helping me out, it really does take a village ) we have done some baking and Tess is having a friend over.  Again, it is the simple things that make me happy.  Now I am looking forward to seeing my BF tomorrow and getting organized around here before I work my 36 hours in 3 days.

The girls keep us laughing with their little conversations and opinions, here are a few that I can think of.

  • I was all dressed up and ready for church, I grabbed my everyday purse and Sydney asked me, "Are you sure about using that purse Mommy?"  Critiqued by the 6 year old.
  • Sydney was asking me to buy her something and I said, "We don't have the money for that."  She replied, "Is it because you are spending all of your money on my birthday?"  
  • I was being cranky during the morning rush and Sydney passed me a note that said, "You need a snack Mommy."  She was right, I hadn't had breakfast.
  • Tess saw a dog on a commercial and said to me, "I can't wait until I get my dog."  
Have a great evening.  Love, Gina

No comments: