Monday, April 25, 2011

Back on the Blog Wagon


I have been away from the blog and have a million things to jot down but haven't taken the time to do it.  We have been up to all sorts of things, some I have probably already forgotten and some I will never forget.  I took a little trip, a short little trip to see a few friends in my old stomping grounds.  I went to Boston, oh how I love Boston.  If you are reading this and thinking to yourself, why didn't she call me, I am really sorry.  I nabbed some miles of Steve's that I felt I had "earned" and decided on a last minute trip to visit a few friends, hold a sweet baby and to remind myself of why I love that place so much and the people there even more.  As I have said before, a few days is never enough time to catch up with 9 years worth of friends and loved ones.  I am sorry I didn't get to contact and see everyone while I was there.  It was wonderful to see the people that I was able to when I was there.  Steve only requested one thing of me while I was in town and that was to visit our condo and the tenants, it was the one thing that I didn't do.  I drove by it several times, spent the majority of my time just blocks away from it and could have managed it.  But the truth of the matter was, I couldn't do it.  Boston visits are always bittersweet, Minnesota is our home now, this is where our life is now but I will always feel a tug on my heart there.  Especially when it comes to the place where we started our lives together, brought 2 of our babies home to and enjoyed the first 7 years of our married life together.  It was a great trip and so fun to catch up with the wonderful people that I was able to see.  Thanks for always making me feel so special.  When I returned home my family made me feel special as well.  Steve and the girls parked at the airport and were waiting for me in the airport with these signs.  So sweet.  A huge thanks to the village for helping out with the girls so I could go even when Steve was out of state.

The following weekend (Easter weekend) we were feeling even more adventurous and we took our first airplane ride as a family of 5 and flew to visit Steve's brother Paul and his family for the weekend and a visit with some old friends from Boston.  The first flight to Colorado was perfect, nice and short and the girls did great.  It was great to get there and not be exhausted as we usually drive there but decided a short flight would be much more fun.  The girls were very cute and excited about the trip.  We had a great trip with a lot of catching up, the kids playing together beautifully and Easter festivities.   It was so fun to see our niece and nephew on a holiday and see how excited they were. Tess and Gabby were madly in love with Kaiya their dog, Gabby being at eye level got her share of face licking, so much that her face is now beat red from chaffing.  (you can see it in the photos.)   The flight home wasn't as quick but we managed.  During our layover the girls did lots of exploring the airport and being pretty adorable.  I snapped a million photos over the weekend but only have the energy to post a few tonight.  As we were taking off Gabby asked me about a million times, "Are you ready Mommy?"  It was very funny.  The flight attendant was being very friendly with Tess and chatting it up with her as the plane was taxiing out, after a few minutes Tess said to her, "You probably should sit down now."  It was pretty funny, everyone sitting around us started laughing.  The man next to me was visiting with me and innocently asked, "Is your son the oldest?"  (Meaning Tess in her baseball cap and skull and cross bones shirt,"  When I replied that SHE was our middle child he looked like he wanted to crawl under the seat.  I actually thought it was funny.  We returned at midnight and the girls were exhausted.  Tess's foot was asleep form the plane ride and she couldn't stop crying about it so we put her in the stroller and Gabby walked with us to the truck.  She is growing up so fast.

Steve looking very excited for our early morning flight.  (He really was happier than this.)




















These 3 pretty girls brought tears to my eyes.



Today was spent unpacking, resetting the house, grocery shopping, meeting friends at the park and enjoying the beautiful weather.  We took a walk by the lake and Tess fell asleep in the first 5 minutes of the walk!  Now I am exhausted and should sign off before you go to sleep reading this windy entry.  The last few weekends have been a great reminder to me of how blessed I am.  Have a great week!  Love, Gina

2 comments:

AnaVolovsek said...

I'm so glad you had a good trip! Your pictures are darling as always, but I have to say... my absolute fav is Tess on the walkway! Ha! What a tough looking kiddo!
Miss you! Hope to see you soon!

the newtons said...

Gabby's cheesy smile in the picture on the plane is so silly!
Tess is such a riot!
Love the girls' Gap dresses for Easter, they all look adorable :)
I can't believe how big your girls have grown since I started following your blog about 16 months ago.
Looks like we'll be adding another little to our family in November, hopefully by magic you'll be working the night he/she arrives!
Take care and happy early Mother's Day! <3 The Newtons