Monday, June 27, 2011

oh how I love you dear Summer!

I love posting on the blog but it seems even harder to get it done during the summer because we both work and play until we drop and then I can barely keep my eyes open when I crawl into bed.  I have a million photos of the past few weeks but no energy to post them these days.  I will try not to put you to sleep with details but instead a little list of a few of the things we have been up to.
  • Camping with the Piepenburg side, oh so much fun with our family of 5. 
  • 2 Summer camps done for Miss Sydney.  First a tie-dye camp that she LOVED.  She did a ton of tie dying and now she has added this to her wardrobe of peace signs.  Second a soccer camp that she also enjoyed.  
  • A bridal shower at our house for my cousin Tyler's future wife Elynn, more fun with family.
  • Bike rides, bike rides, bike rides.  We have enjoyed riding bike all over the neighborhood.  There is something so relaxing about a good bike ride with the family and guess what....the girls don't fight when they are on their bikes!  (bonus.)
  • Swimming at our local pool, always a favorite pastime.  
  • Playtime in the flower garden, also very relaxing (when Gabby is napping!
A few of the things we have been up to, time is going way too fast, I am disgusted that it will be July this week!  

Have a good night.
Love, Gina

All 3 girls really crack me up but the things Tess says really seem to stick with me, for example:
  • When I put her to bed tonight she asked me, "When I turn 10 can I kiss you like you and Daddy kiss?"  Wow....
  • She also recently asked me, "When you were growing up did you always know what you wanted to be?"  I replied, "I always knew I wanted to be a nurse and a Mommy."  She asked, "And a superhero?"
  • I pulled into the garage alone and Tess surprised me and came in the side door of the garage, "I said to her,  "You surprised me, what if I wouldn't have saw you and hit you with the truck?"  She replied without even pausing, "You would have ran me over and killed me and then I would have been the first one to go to heaven!"  

No comments: