Thursday, June 09, 2011

Ruthlessly Eliminate Hurry and Living with Intention.

Tonight I say goodbye to my lovely stretch "off" and am not ready to stay up all night tomorrow night.  But come to think of it, when is a person ever ready to do that.  I should be in bed but would rather hang out with my BF.  Since I am so behind and so many things have happened since my last post I will try to give it to you in a nutshell with a few photos.

Our new roomie is working out well and I hope she is adjusting to our flurry of activity around here.  She may possibly be going to make us cool, last week Greg and Nancy took the girls to Kenny Festival and we went out for dinner and drinks.  Wow, can you believe it?  We enjoyed a great time at Sea Salt Eatery .The week was full of a lot of activity and mostly good but some annoying things.

Let's start with annoying:

  •  Saturday morning water is backing up from the floor drain in our laundry room for no apparent reason.....Steve rented a 75 foot power drain snake to take care of the problem.  A problem in a system that was brand new with our basement renovation.  Annoying.  
  • Our A/C in the house seemed to be malfunctioning on 3 of the hottest days of the year so far.  Also a new system from when we moved.  Annoying.  
  • Friday the A/C in our truck quit.  Not to worry, just 90 degree weather for days.  A quick fix on Friday for $40.  Not working again by Saturday.  Annoying.  
Even more annoying, the estimate to fix the problem.  If you can't read it.....over $1000. 
I got a 2nd estimate today, 50 cents difference.  Hmmm.  We will be taking care of it though because I am part of a sad but true spoiled generation and really have disliked riding without A/C and even worse the constant reminders from the children of how hot they are.  

Annoying things from the week taken care of, now onto the good....
What do you think of that?  Pretty awesome don't you think?  (I know you are proud Sara Derrick)

The weekend was fun with Sydney's 1st Grade picnic, a birthday party for Tess's classmate, a dip in the lake and a visit from the Kirchers.  We had a really nice weekend.  



The week was busy and started out with a lot of fun, I co-hosted a little surprise "sprinkle" for our friend and co-worker Jilanne.  We had record temps that day and were sweating like crazy but had a great time together.  I have very few pictures of the event as it was busy but we enjoyed a little girlfriend time with a dear friend that has had a stressful pregnancy.  She is a fabulous person and I co-hosted with another fabulous person.  She seemed totally surprised which made it very fun.


Tess also had her 5 year check up this week and did great!  She got 2 shots and didn't shed one tear.  She is an amazing little girl.  I just can't believe how tough she can be.  Her random thoughts that she shares with the Dr.  crack me up as well.  She is the funniest little girl.  Oh how I love her.

On the way to get ready for Jilanne's party I was, as usual, in a big hurry.  Trying to do too many things in too little time.  Forgetting to stop and smell the roses.  I got into the car and playing on the radio was a message that spoke to me and I am pretty sure was meant for me.  It was about decreasing stress and ruthlessly eliminating hurry.  Since I heard this I have been trying to hurry less and live more.  I am hoping and praying I can stick with it.  We will see, it is worth trying.

Today was Miss Sydney's 1st day of Summer vacation and I tried to make it special for her.  The last 9 months I must admit I have missed her since she started full day 1st grade.  It was a big adjustment and I have been looking forward to having her around again.  So this morning while Tess was at Summer camp, Greg helped me out and hung out with Gabby so I could hang out with Miss Syd.  We had such a nice morning together, I was smiling from ear to ear.  We started out with a trip to Starbucks.  Syd ordered a decaf Frappaccino and was so cute as she enjoyed it.  Then we went to a wonderful bookstore.
If you live in the area you have to go there, it is adorable and we had a ball together.  We were able to take our time looking at the books, visiting and enjoying the animals around us.  It was so wonderful to have this time with Sydney, I really love that girl and look forward to having her home with us this summer.  Times like these I am reminded that I will never look back on my life when my children are grown and say to myself, "I really wish I worked more when my kids were little."  I feel very blessed to have this time.

I have barely mentioned Miss Gabby, she is doing great, cute as ever, talking up a storm and fighting with Tess a little more everyday.  I honestly don't think I can only blame Tess anymore.  They are playing great together one minute and the next minute yelling at each other, "Crybaby!"  She is pretty funny and I love her so much too.
Well, it is 11:30 and I won't be going to bed until 8am Saturday so I better sign off.  Have a great weekend!  Love, Gina

1 comment:

Domain registration india said...

Really nice pics and looks like a happiest family.