Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back to School Traditions.

It is true, 
It is our last week of summer vacation.  
It is also true that I am feeling pretty sad about it.  The summer flew by and the girls were the perfect ages.  
We had a lot of fun
We had a lot of unstructured time and time just enjoying our time together.  Today on our way to the park for a picnic and playing I started reminiscing about the summer.  Soon my simple conversation turned into me crying about my sadness over our fun summer being almost over.  Then Sydney sweetly said to me, "You need to stop crying because you are going to make me cry."  I agreed she was right and then she said to me, "Think of how sad this makes Daddy because he has to work 5 days a week!"  Okay..point taken from the 7 year old, I needed to get over myself and my easy little life!  

We are busy getting ready for the start of school next week and our special guests coming on Thursday.  It is tradition that Steve takes the girls school shopping for sneakers before school and they took care of that tonight.  They enjoyed 2 hours of shopping at 2 stores and of course a trip to the ice cream parlor after they had completed their task.  I think it is pretty neat that Steve does this and it is also pretty awesome for me.  While they were gone, Gabby and I completed our other tradition of purchasing a few new books for the girls that we will give to them the night before school starts.  Gabby and I also really enjoyed ourselves.  Is there anything more fun than going to a bookstore with small children?  Have a great night.  Love, Gina

No comments: