Wednesday, August 03, 2011

I really am happy...

It has been a really long time since I have blogged, a really long time.  I am pretty sure I know the reason, and I am going to be honest.  I have been having a really nice summer, with a lot of things to be happy about and I know that some people I really care about are having a very difficult summer.  My dear friend Sue lost her Father as I wrote about in my last post and that makes me really sad for her and my other dear friend Jilanne, that I told you about many posts ago, was going to be delivering a very sick baby.  So, long story long, it is hard for me to write about my good fortune when I know life is hard for 2 very wonderful people right now.  But tonight I really felt like I could sit down and post because look at this.......
Little Miss Kaiya Jean arrived 9 days ago and has already made it through her first major heart surgery and is doing great!  She is beautiful and a little fighter!  I know it is a long road for them but I feel so happy after meeting her and seeing how well she is doing. 
It was also so great to see these other 2 wonderful ladies that I pretty much work with every night I work.  They make me laugh until I cry, we even had a few laughs at the hospital tonight.  I am sure the PICU nurse thought we were on drugs but we stayed out of her way.....especially since the baby blankets were about the only familiar looking thing to this L & D nurse in a PICU!  My heart is happy tonight.  Please remember all of them in your prayers.  Love, Gina

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I like this so very much. xoxo