Thursday, August 04, 2011

July and August, you are the best!

Hello everyone, I am unable to keep up on the blog with all of the activities that we have been up to.  Nothing difficult, mostly all fun stuff but by sunset I am beat and there are photos up the wazoo that I want to post and not enough time to do it.  As we all know, time flies when we are having fun so this is a good thing.

I will try to catch up in a nutshell, but I don't think this is possible....I will try.  In no particular order, here are a few of the fun things we have been up to.  

Our adorable nephew/cousin and his Daddy (Steve's brother, Paul) came to visit from Colorado for a weekend.  So much fun to catch up, the kids just pick up where they left off, having fun together.  Swimming, snacking, playing and just hanging out as cousins.  It makes my heart happy to see them act like they just live down the street from each other.  
While they were in town they celebrated Steve's Grandma's 95th birthday!  We all enjoyed time catching up with cousins and the rest of the family.  (pardon the iphone photo)
This lady came to visit....I heart her so much.   She also came with David and I heart him too.  The four of us went to U2 while they were here and had a great time!  (Yes, I was out after dark and I wasn't working.  I even knew the songs and they weren't church hymns or nursery school songs!)  
The set was very cool...especially when it wasn't down pouring.  
Thanks Greg and Nancy for watching the girls!
The girls also had a great time with our Irish visitors, thanks for making time for all of us!  


My Mom came for a lunch date with Beth and I on what would have been Auntie Joyce's birthday.  Love lunching out with the ladies in my family and wish we could do it more.  Later on we had our traditional French Silk pie with the girls.  

Then my BF and I celebrated 10 years of marriage!  
We had a wonderful trip to the North Shore and enjoyed, great company, a beautiful lodge, some sight seeing,  fabulous meals out, and a wonderful time just being together.  We really do have so much fun together.   I am ready to go back again.  Thanks Mom for taking care of the girls!  

Then it was time for the whole family to get away, the 5 of us.  We stayed in this little piece of heaven...

Eagles Nest, Nisswa, Minnesota.  
This is where we relaxed, played, read lots of books, played lots of games, laughed, sang, ate lots of snacks, rode bike, roasted marshmallows, went swimming and pretty much disconnected ourselves from anything busy in the outside world.  It was wonderful.  I also found out that roughly 9 hours of sleep a night,  is what I do best on...that will be easy to maintain.  I haven't had 9 since but it was lovely while it lasted.  
This was the view from our cabin...the life!

Sadly saying good bye.  I asked Tess what her favorite part of the trip was and she replied, "Just being with my family."  She makes my heart so very happy.  I would have to agree with her.
Being goofy with Auntie Vicki...thanks for everything!


upon returning to our real life we needed to ease into things so we spent the day at Como town so we wouldn't send ourselves into shock. We all had a great time riding rides, having a picnic and in the end playing in the water.  
That day Tess asked Steve in all seriousness, "What do you want to be when you grow up?"  Steve replied, "A great Daddy."  ......
Already done.

Before....

 After....
My favorite photos of the day....
pure joy 
Besides all of our fun outings we have been busy with the everyday pleasures of summer, Lake Harriet beach, bike rides,
the Easy Bake Oven (you know you miss yours)

gardening for all ages



sidewalk chalk

So far it has been a great summer and the girls are the perfect ages to enjoy so many things.  I try not to dwell on the fact that it is already August but I can't help but feel sad, we have had so much fun and I am not ready for it to end yet.  We have a lot to look forward to though, special visitors from Boston that I heart, 2 family weddings and 3 girls that we are blessed to enjoy all of this time with.  I have nothing, to complain about.  Now I must go and get to this...
all of this fun means avoiding these piles for too many days!  Have a great weekend.  Love, Gina

2 comments:

Jean said...

your laundry room looks like mine, but that sad part is that,, there's only two of us, but i guess that's what happens when life happens right? i'd rather miss out on laundry then a good time w/ friends & family =) plus, that's what long winter does... stay home & clean.. maybe.

Malenadu said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.