Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Thank you Lord for another birthday!

Hard to believe another year has passed, another year to be very thankful for.  I had a great birthday and birthday weekend.  My sister took me out for a lovely dinner the night before my birthday, my dear friend took me out for coffee on my birthday, then I did a little shopping, had a pedicure and celebrated with my family.  Miss Sydney is now old enough that she made me a cake all by herself.  She amazes me.  Then Nana and Papa took the girls for 2 nights in a row!  They had a ball with them and I wish I had some pictures to share but I wasn't there.  Thank you so much!!!!  While they were away, we had a ball too.  This is a list of the fun but simple things I did with my BF on my birthday weekend.
  • Enjoyed a little sleeping in. 
  • Dinner out and a movie.  Courageous...if you haven't seen it, you should.  And bring the tissues, I couldn't stop blubbering.
  • Visited a gorgeous house in our neighborhood on the remodelers showcase.  
  • Took a bike ride around the lake together.
  • Cheered on some people down the street during the Twin Cities Marathon.  (I got a little nostalgic and fought back tears.)
  • Enjoyed pastries and coffee at my favorite pastry shop for breakfast.
  • Worked on our own projects at home.  
This probably sounds pretty lame but it was glorious!  Sunday we went to Steve's Grandma's birthday party and Isabella's Confirmation and we picked up the girls.  In the rush of getting just myself ready I forgot my camera.  Boo.  It was a wonderful weekend and thank you to everyone for all of the thoughtful birthday wishes.  Life has been so very good to me.  
Now we are back to reality and having a great week.  As you can see from the above photo, Miss Gabby enjoys a little free reign when the girls are away at school.  On Monday morning I decided to give potty training a good try.  This is how the day went.  
  • Gabby wakes up excited, we put on her big girl panties.
  • Sits down for breakfast.
  • Wets her pants during breakfast.
  • Take girls to the bus, wets her pants again.
  • Goes in the potty before nap. Yeah.  
  • Put big girl panties on after nap. 
  • Gets excited when she sees the girls...
  • Wets her pants.  
  • I put her diaper on.  
  • I didn't clean up anymore accidents after that.  
  • The end.  
Have a great week.  Love, Gina

No comments: