Friday, December 30, 2011

the end of 2011

I am back and it is almost a week after Christmas, I am not sure where the time has went.  I won't bore you with the details of the week following our European vacation....it went a little something like this:
  • A lot of unpacking
  • Laundry
  • Sadness that our trip was over
  • Anxiety that I had so much to do between returning home December 2nd and Christmas
  • The realization that I didn't have time to be sad or anxious, I needed to get at planning, preparing and enjoying Christmas.  
So that is what we did.  We celebrated several Christmas celebrations with various family members, enjoyed one of our favorite things to do, Christmas baking for the neighbors and then with the blink of an eye, Christmas was here and gone.  We had a wonderful time, the girls were the perfect age (accept to get a group picture, you will note in a few photos.)  They were genuinely excited for everything, which made everything so much fun.  I will note a quote from Steve for a good chuckle out of the ladies, "You need to build in more time for us to relax while we are getting ready for the holidays."  Okay honey, next year I will maybe skip sleeping all together, breathing and going to the bathroom...maybe that will provide us with more "relaxation time."  Don't worry, I let him live despite his profound statement.  (I know the holidays can be so exhausting for guys;)    I love you honey!

Here are a few of the photos from the holidays.  A few of the celebrations I didn't even get my camera out, I was a little tired this year!  

The children and Santa (Uncle Bill)
 The great grandchildren and Great Grandma Phyllis
 The Grandchildren and Grandma Julie and Grandpa Bob
Our annual girls and Mommy Christmas baking extravaganza.
 Everyone was a great help!
Daddy checking in on our progress.



No time for cooking dinner when we are baking, Daddy brought home sushi.
 I am pretty impressed with how well Gabby can maneuver her chopsticks.  
As we dream by the fire


3 Children did very well at 1 gift opening.  
A perfect fit for Miss Tess
 Gabby getting some love. 
 What a gift he is.  
Christmas Eve (forced photos after church)
 they will thank me for these some day...they look beautiful, who wouldn't want a photo?!
 Notice one little certain someone doesn't have an individual photo.  She may be the person refusing to look at the camera.  
We will give her a minute and take one of her cooperative sisters.
take 2
take 3
 take 4
 take 5
 take 6
 take 7
 take 8 and final (what a sweet family photo)
 a quick individual shot of our little angel!
Christmas morning delight!
A Christmas/Birthday celebration for Jesus and Alex!

 Another futile attempt at a family photo (you will never guess who wasn't game.)
an exhausted bunch
the birthday boy turns 2!
As you can see the holiday celebrations were a whirlwind of fun and activity.  For all of our dear family and friends that are out of state, we miss you and love you all and thank you for all of the wonderful cards and packages.  We have enjoyed them all.  I am sad because I am down to about 1-2 holiday cards coming per day, I miss the 5-10/day.  Thank you for sticking with me on this long post.  More on the Sweet B family in 2012.  Gabby's resolution given by her Mommy is to cooperate for a family photo.  Have a great night.  Love, Gina

1 comment:

Danica said...

Awww love all the photos! Merry Christmas to you dear friend! And here's to 2012! I can't wait :)