Monday, January 23, 2012

lions and tantrums and books, oh my

 The girls were off of school again today and we had a great day together.  We called up a dear friend Marion to join us on an outing at a favorite place of ours.  Marion had given the girls gift cards to 
Wild Rumpus and we thought it would be fun for her to come along when they spent them.  When I picked up Marion I commented how we had just came from the post office and the bank and the girls were exceptional, I was so proud.  She replied, "They are getting older and your tantrum days are over."  (Why did we have that conversation?) 
  We all had a great time looking at the books and enjoying the animals inside.  If you live in the area, you should really check it out. 
As we were leaving Gabby started to fill her bag with books that we didn't pay for.  I started to unload them, explaining to her that she could only have one book.  She started in on a tantrum like never before.  Screaming at the top of her lungs, "I want another book, I want another book."  She screamed and she cried well into the drive back home.  (You can see her in the middle of her tantrum on photo #1)  She may be child #3 but never-the-less a humbling experience when they freak out in public.  It still was a fun trip but today was not her best day.  

Syd and Tess did have a good day.  They decided they wanted to do the dishes after dinner and I didn't have a problem with it.  Tess said, "From now on this will be our responsibility and you and Dad will have time to kiss in bed."  Wow, what was that about?  I couldn't stop laughing.  I have to remember this day, the day the girls started doing dishes so Steve and I had time to "kiss in bed."  She is hilarious.   On Saturday her and I went grocery shopping in the morning and as we were leaving the store I realized I had forgot to pick something up.  When I went back to find it in the store Tess said to me, "Don't tell me you are going to steal that Mom!"  Nice.  Glad to see I am setting a good example and she thinks her Mom is a person of integrity.  Have a great night.  Love, Gina

2 comments:

Naomi said...

Oh Gina hilarious! Well not the tantrum part...,that part is not fun! I tried not to laugh out loud when i read about kissing in bed. Miss you!

Tracey said...

I LOVE the bookstore.... there doesn't seem to any around here anymore...it's sad. Even the huge Borders closed in Downtown Crossing in December which I loved to go to at lunch. Big Hugs to you!