Thursday, February 23, 2012

happy 3rd birthday to our "baby"

miss gabby turned 3 today!
She will love me for this photo someday but I thought she looked adorable and maybe, just maybe in her 3rd year she might consistently use the toilet.  (Disclaimer: Tess trained herself at 2, so not all of my children will go to prom in a diaper.)

There are days when I shamefully think to myself, "Wow, we wanted and planned this crazy, chaos?"  And then there are days when I think to myself, "Wow, this is my calling and this is really what I hope and dreamed it to be."  Today was one of those days when I felt like Motherhood was my calling.  I really like those days.  Who doesn't like being with their child on their birthday?  I couldn't get enough of her talking and being happy that it was her birthday.  When I would ask her how old she was, she kept saying, "3 in February!"  She couldn't quite get the, "I am 3 today!"  If was very cute.  We were out and about and I asked her what she wanted for her birthday treat and she responded, "A macawoon!"  You have to love a 3 year old that requests a french macaroon on her special day.  We made a stop at our favorite 46th Patisserie and enjoyed macaroons together and I enjoyed a mocha.
 3 years have slipped by in a blink of an eye, but you have brought us more joy than you can imagine. Thanks Gabby for giving me a "very happy to be your Mom" day.

I love you so much.

2 comments:

Danica said...

It goes without saying that your three little ones are absolutely adorable and I can't believe she is 3 already!!! Here's to many more days like these :)
xoxo

ps the word I have to type in here to prove I'm not a robot is "funde"... sounds familiar... :)

Naomi said...

Howd that happen already?! Happy birthday to sweet gabby! That second picture looks like a mini sydney! ;)