Monday, April 30, 2012

Catching up with the Sweet B's

I have been away from the blog for too long, it is a long story but in the end, I ended up with a new hard drive and things are finally back in order.  Now for a little catch up of the last few weeks in random order as I remember them.

This sweet girl had her 1st Communion last weekend.

 She looked beautiful and we were so proud of her.  
She did a great job and did her reading like a champ too.  

When the service was all over I made my usual suggestion of family photos (Let's see if you can guess who wasn't into my idea?  Again, if anything ever happens to me, please see to it that the children have photos taken because Steve will throw my camera away.)

We were blessed to have a few family members in town to celebrate Sydney's special day. 

 
I was excited on Saturday night to be able to relax.  Now we have Tess's friend birthday party on Monday evening and then we are home free for a little while. 

Other events from the past few weeks were:

Miss Sydney got her ears pierced!
(actually she had one of them pierced twice because the next day she came home from school and one of her earrings had fallen out and she had to have it re pierced.)
I asked Tess if she would be getting hers pierced in 2nd grade and she responded, "No way."  I would imagine she would prefer a tattoo.  

Gabby had her first dentist appointment.
 She told the dentist she had a "few loose teeth."  In the days to follow she told everyone, "I went and saw the tooth fairy."  It was very cute.  
My niece Amelia turned 5 so we helped her celebrate!
the girls enjoyed some cousin time and Tess of course enjoyed time playing outside.  (Unfortunately I didn't have my camera along for her trip out to the Plaetz' farm.)
We have also been spending a ton of time at or around Lake Harriet.


Sydney also had a little music program. 

 one of her guests couldn't leave home without her ears.  
 we also visited a friend and
 one little girl was in heaven!
these are just a few of the things we have been up to for the last 2 weeks besides school, work and party planning.  Now we need to buckle up and sit back for quite a ride....our next free weekend is mid June!  I better try to stay on top of the photos this time.  Have a great night.  Love, Gina

2 comments:

Maura said...

love the photo of syd in the tree over the lake! she looks so grown up in her first communion photos. and gabby at the dentist...hilarious! tess and that dog are actually cuddling, they look so in love, i love it. still dying laughing at the falling gina montage photos. well done & keep up the good work, always checking in :) i miss you! xoxo

Danica said...

Oh that dear Tess and Paul :) I love how they love each other :)