Thursday, May 03, 2012

I have the Sundays

Today is my Sunday, by the end of the day I will quite possibly be feeling blue.  Tomorrow is the start of my 36+ hour work weekend.  The day I switch gears from Mom mode to nurse mode.  I have an appreciation for both modes and my heart is in both places but I always feel very sad when my stretch "off" is over.  Steve, I am sure your eyes are rolling in the back of your head by now because you have heard about this scenario for the last 8 years.....maybe a little more with the birth of each child.  The days at home fly by at home with activity and I always laugh to myself when I hear people say they would be "bored" at home.....hasn't happened to me yet!  There is always excitement and good stories to tell when the day is over, I wish I could remember them all.   Wednesday's are always busy for us and yesterday was no different.  As we rushed to get ready for Karate I "encouraged" the girls to go down to the craft room and make thank you cards for their teachers on their last day of faith formation.  I set them all up and then moved on to getting ready to go.  When it was time to leave, Syd diligently came upstairs with her beautifully made cards and there was no sign of Tess.  I ran down to check on her progress because it was time to leave.  There she was sitting with her cards still blank but proudly displayed the foam hearts that she had stuck on her nipples and belly button.  (In my annoyed state I didn't take a picture so I took a photo today of the foam heart example.)  I rushed to help her complete her card and we ran out the door.  The girls jumped in the truck and complained that there was "water" on the leather seat.  I paid no attention and we left.  When I went to get Gabby out of her seat  I realized that she had wet her pants....that was the mysterious "water."  No time to waste, her dress stayed dry so we had to run into Karate.  I dressed Tess in her sparring gear and she went to class.  The instructor praised me, "Tess was the last one here and the first one all dressed in gear, good job Mom."  I smiled and thought to myself, "Would he think good job Mom if he knew that my 3rd born was standing in urine saturated underwear?!"  Nice.  Then we went to faith formation and Tess's class sang songs during a prayer service in front of all of us.  During the songs Tess couldn't resist her urge to play with her foam hearts under her shirt.  (So yes, I was the Mom who had the daughter that wouldn't leave her "nipples" alone during the program.  Puzzling to most but made perfect sense to me.)  Nice.  Now I have procrastinated enough and must get on with my Sunday.  Have a great day!  Love, Gina

2 comments:

AnaVolovsek said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who puts foam hearts over my nipples ;) It's nice to know there is another normal person out there! Way to go Tess!

Jenni said...

HEHEHEHEH! Gina, you (or Tess!) always make me laugh!