Friday, June 29, 2012

I have been reminded once again

The day has arrived....
it is the last day of Vacation Bible School
a good time was had by all, and when I say all, I mean the girls and Mom and Dad too.  Minus Gabby's little tantrum morning the girls loved it and had a great time.  Their happy attitude stayed with them after returning home and it made wonderful difference in our household.  On the days I was not working those 3 golden hours made a world of a difference for me too.  For the first time ever, I was alone in my house and was given the rejuvenation that I needed and honestly didn't really know that I needed.  A little "me" time that a majority of the time I refuse to take for no good reason other than I claim "I am too busy."  Well my friends, "I am too busy" is a lousy excuse and many times my family suffers because I burn both ends of the candle playing the martyr.  This week I did a few things for myself on my days off, I got a pedicure, I had dinner out, went for coffee, exercised alone, made some phone calls, did some laundry, took some fun photos and looked back at some things that the girls have given me in the last few months.  These are a few of my favorites:

Miss Sydney always has something nice to say to make me smile.
 and I can really gobble up Miss Tess at all times.
 I love being a teen Mom
 She really can't be done with kindergarten
 is there anything better than being reminded you are loved? 

 I don't have much artwork from this little girl yet but she tells me multiple times a day, "Mommy, I love you."  
I jumped in the car on my last day of dropping them off and looked in the rear view mirror and saw this.....
and I don't think I need to tell you what I did next.  
Yes, I cried.  
Yes, I did enjoy the time to myself but I was once again reminded,

my time with our little ones is not forever.  
I thank God for giving me a little time to myself but even more I thank him for reminding me that my time with our little girls is fleeting.  

In the meantime I will continue to love them fiercely and remind them what incredible little individuals they are.  

Have a great weekend. 
 Love, Gina


1 comment:

Naomi said...

So, so sweet Gina. You are blessed. And thank you for making me cry, :)