Thursday, June 07, 2012

Starting June with a bang

We started off June with a lot of fun with family at Lucan Pretzel Days

Any party that includes these 2 things is always fun, right?
I can't even count how many times the kids went down this slide
 I will admit, I was a little jealous and wanted to do it too.
 Of course this little girl enjoyed it the most
 this little man was a sport and hung out the whole time
 park time was also a hit
 we also educate early on how to properly run a beer stand
 and sometimes you have to catch a nap whenever you can
 then we celebrated this little girl one last time for her #6
 hanging out in perfect weather
 and we all loved our youngest cousin/nephew
Later Tess took a break from celebrating to enjoy a highlight of all our trips to Lucan
Jane and Dennis's farm.  
 This photo reminds me of the thousands of photos I took as a child.  With the exception that my photos were taken with film...and my Mom developed each photo.  I can remember her coming home from picking up her photos, only to find out I had snatched her camera and took a whole roll of farm cats....unawre of what was on the film, she ordered doubles.....she was not impressed. 
 Visiting the calves makes every visit complete.  
On our final day
the Pedal Pull!
the girls were first timers but did great!


 this little girl will be raring to do it next year!

and sometimes we have just a little too much fun!
 A little broken arm as a souvenir of our fun, big kids feet on little kids arms do not fare well.  

But we were greeted by these lovely upstate New York faces when we returned home!  
Oh how we love you Colleen and Tim and we missed you Ian!  
 Tuesday Miss Tess was fitted with a permanent splint while the swelling goes down and next Tuesday she will receive her new cast!
A photo of her looking pretty proud of her new "badge of honor," just a little symbol of how much fun she always has.  She hasn't complained a bit (so far) and this photo is probably the last time I saw her sling worn properly....so we will see how this heals.  

Now I must go and enjoy a little time off with our ladies and prepare for another weekend of fun out of town.  Have a great weekend.  Love, Gina

P.S. Finally catching up on my blog, Sydney was starting to show me up on her blog and asked me the other day, "When are you going to blog Mom?"  

1 comment:

AnaVolovsek said...

Oh geez!!! Although, I'm not at all suprised to see Tess in a cast!
Gina, I miss you.
I really, REALLY miss you!