Monday, January 28, 2013

please don't bury me with the pigs

I love all three girls for their different strengths and qualities and today I am going to focus on this little girl
she makes me laugh, she is so loving and has a heart of gold.  There are several conversations between her and I that I don't want to forget and need to document them before I do!

Recently her and I were having an in depth conversation about death.  All children seem to be curious about it at some point and right now she is in a phase that she really likes to pick my brain about it.  Here is how our last conversation went:

Tess: "Tell me about dying Mommy."
Me: "Well, I don't know really know what to say, but I do know that everyone wants to go to heaven but no one wants to die to get there."
Tess: "Why don't you want to die?"
Me: "I don't feel ready to die yet and I don't want to miss out on my girls growing up.  I think I am a little scared to die."
Tess: "Well if you are scared, maybe someone could die with you so you don't have to be alone.  Maybe the guinea pigs can die at the same time so that you don't have to be buried alone."
Me: "I am not ready to die yet but I am certain that I don't want to be buried with Pumpkin and Pancake."
Tess: "Maybe with a bunny or some other animal you like."

FYI let my feelings be known, please don't euthanize any guinea pigs so that I don't have to die alone.

We also have discussed the tooth fairy:
Tess: "Has the tooth fairy came to visit you lately Mommy?"
Me: "No he hasn't, I don't lose teeth anymore."
Tess: "Why don't you lose teeth anymore."
Me: "I have all of my adult teeth now."
Tess: "I can't believe the tooth fairy doesn't visit you anymore!"

This morning I overheard a funny conversation with Tess and her friend by their lockers:
Tess: "Good morning!"
Friend: "Hi Tess, look at my shirt, I slept in it all night and wore it to school!"
Tess: "Really? I was hot so I took my pants off and slept in my underwear all night!"
.....they both laughed and it was the end of their hilarious conversation.

I took Tess out for a treat and hot chocolate after school the other day and she was just so sweet.  I was visiting with the owner for a while and Tess was waiting patiently at our table.  When I sat down I said to her, "You could have started without me."  She replied, "I didn't want to, I wanted to start with my Mom."  She is a little love and I wish I could remember all of the things she says but this is all I have for now.  I love this girl.

Have a great night.  Love, Gina

1 comment:

stacey said...

Pretty sure I just teared up at that last paragraph about her waiting for you. Love that girl and love you. xo