Friday, March 15, 2013

Our Growing Girls

Yesterday  Sydney and Gabby had their well child visits at the pediatrician.  This is how Gabby looked for her appointment......


Very nice, she fell down the stairs the afternoon before her appointment and split her old scar open.  Nice timing before her appointment, it was quite impressive and I felt like super Mom.  She slipped on her new pants that she insisted on wearing even though they need to be hemmed.

We are an accident prone family, I don't know what it is.  I jumped out of my crib as a baby and broke my leg.  Steve has had many stitches in his lifetime.  Tess broke her arm last summer and last winter Tess accidentally rode a wood sled into a classmate's Dad's leg/foot,  he left by ambulance and later had surgery....not to worry, we only run into that family at every school activity!  Awkward.  That actually was so traumatic for all of us I haven't been able to blog about it until about a year later!  On Valentine's Day we decided it would be fun for the whole family to go out for dinner.  We took the kids to Pepitos for mexican food.  They picked out their food off of the kids menus and then set the menus to the side.  A few minutes later we noticed that they had set the menus on top of a candle and their menus were on fire.  We couldn't get it completely blown out so the waitress took the menus back to the kitchen...nice.  We like to make a lasting impression as a family.  What did I say, accident prone.

Back to the well child visit.  They did great!  Gabby is tall at 40.5 inches and 37.5 pounds and Sydney is "perfectly small" as her pediatrician told her and is 48.5 inches tall and 53 pounds.  She dislikes being small at this point and I was trying to make her feel better about it one day and said to her, "I heard about a study on the radio the other day that said small people live longer."  She replied, "So Tess is going to die before me?"  Not exactly the point I was trying to make.  I tried.
We celebrated with cake last night.  I am not sure what we were celebrating, Gabby wanted to make a cake so we did.  And cake is no fun without candles so we took turns blowing them out.

Have a great weekend.
Love, Gina






No comments: