Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Our girls are funny


Does everyone think their children are funny?  I really do think our girls are really funny.  I probably am biased but I don't care.  I think they are funny and I don't want to forget some of our conversations so I must jot them down and share them.

Above is a picture that Tess drew during her free time at school.  I bet her teacher was so impressed with her creativity.  When I pulled it out of her school folder I know I was impressed.  Good to know our education dollars are going to constructive learning.  (I didn't even ask her what was laying on the floor next to the toilet...hmm.)  Tess's obsession with dogs is shown in many aspects of her life, art is no exception.

The other day she asked me what I loved most in my life and I told her and then I asked her the same question and she replied, "Mom, Dad, Sydney, Gabby and dogs."  Always dogs.

The majority of my conversations with her end with me laughing.  When I returned from my girlfriends weekend she thanked me for the sweatshirt and I said I was glad she liked it but felt bad Syd didn't really like hers, she replied, "You are a Mom, sometimes you do good and sometimes you fail."  Nice.

Miss Sydney and I have had some interesting conversations lately.   Recently something came up and I decided it was time I educate her on the birds and the bees.  I gave her a very basic explanation that I thought was appropriate for a 9 year old and she was sitting next to me doing something that looked similar to a seizure.  Flopping around in horror and disgust.  When she finally pulled herself together she asked, "So did you do that?!"  Awkward.....so I said, "Your Dad made me."  Just kidding, I didn't say that.  Then she told me she was never coming into our bedroom if she knew Steve and I were alone!  A priceless conversation.  A few days later, out of the blue she said to me, "I can't see Grandma Julie doing that!"  Then I really laughed.

Since I am home alone most with Gabby, she always keeps me smiling.  The other day I was heading to work and told her I would miss her and asked her if I could call her.  She responded, "I will be busy."  Nice.  The other day before work I told her I would miss her and then she went into her scrapbook and pulled out a picture of herself and told me to take it with me so I would "remember her."

I love these girls to the moon and back.

Have a good afternoon.
Love, Gina

4 comments:

Naomi said...

Your girls ARE funny! Kids say the darndest things for sure :). Owen and i were looking back through this booki have where i jot down stuff he has said...one he thought was so hysterical is when he said (at age 3), "sometimes i toot and scare the lions and tigers away." Ha! Talk soon. Xo

AnaVolovsek said...

Oh Gina! How I miss you!
Your family is such a gem!
Priceless in every way!

Miss you dear friend!

Jenni said...

HAHAHA!! Gina, you and your girls make me laugh! Priceless is right. You are so good to jot these funnies down!

stacey said...

This is awesome.