Monday, August 26, 2013

Back to School 2013

 Today was the big day for Sydney and Tess, back to school!  They rolled out carmel rolls yesterday and we baked them this morning (before our 100 degree day!)  The girls jumped right up in the morning and were ready right away.  They were so excited.

 They were even good sports about the traditional photo opportunity.
 It was nice to see them excited to go back.  It was bittersweet for me.
 As I dropped them off in their classrooms, I felt teary and knew I needed to get out quickly!
Gabby and I knew what we needed to do next.....

Go for coffee of course!  I was happy to still have my little girl home with me.
She told me she was happy they were back to school!
When the girls returned home they were all happy, they fought less and everyone seemed content.
I guess they really were ready to go back, it just seemed a little fast to me.  But all is well and everyone is happy.  (Best part is...no homework until next week!

Have a great night.
Love, Gina

1 comment:

stacey said...

So cute. Your house looks awesome. And I love their new tennis shoes. :) And your coffee date with Gabby. Eli and I can't wait to join you. You brought them to school on the first day instead of riding the bus?