24 weeks and flashing before my eyes. Oh how I love being pregnant and do not take for granted that we have been blessed with a a decade of babies. How many people can say that? Please don't be annoyed that I can't help but gush about it because I really do appreciate the fact that we are pregnant and it is a gift. We are so excited to meet this baby but there are so many things I will miss about sharing this pregnancy with our family of 5. It is a completely different experience with children that are old enough to understand.
I will miss.....
- my husband rolling over in our little bed during the night and without saying a word, resting his hand on my belly.
- the girls telling me everyday how excited they are to find out what we are having.
- the end of a busy day, finally sitting down and feeling his or her movement and being reminded..."Oh that is right, I am pregnant!"
- the girls' uncontrollable urge to put their hands on my belly when we are standing next to each other having an unrelated conversation.
- filling my bra (forgive me I am being transparent.)
- the full belly panel on my pants
- a constant reminder inside me that God is so good to us.
- hearing the girls excitedly tell people that we are having a baby.
- people talking about such happy things around me all of the time.
- the blissful anticipation of all of the good things that a new baby brings. (we won't think about the sleep deprivation and hormones.)
- happy 2nd trimester hormones that put me in a state of, " hakuna matata."
- the constant realization that this is what life is all about and the appreciation for it.
Have a great weekend.