Friday, September 27, 2013

i will miss this



24 weeks and flashing before my eyes.  Oh how I love being pregnant and do not take for granted that we have been blessed with a a decade of babies.  How many people can say that?  Please don't be annoyed that I can't help but gush about it because I really do appreciate the fact that we are pregnant and it is a gift.  We are so excited to meet this baby but there are so many things I will miss about sharing this pregnancy with our family of 5.  It is a completely different experience with children that are old enough to understand.

I will miss.....
  • my husband rolling over in our little bed during the night and without saying a word,  resting his hand on my belly.  
  • the girls telling me everyday how excited they are to find out what we are having.  
  • the end of a busy day, finally sitting down and feeling his or her movement and being reminded..."Oh that is right, I am pregnant!"  
  • the girls' uncontrollable urge to put their hands on my belly when we are standing next to each other having an unrelated conversation.  
  • filling my bra (forgive me I am being transparent.)
  • the full belly panel on my pants
  • a constant reminder inside me that God is so good to us. 
  • hearing the girls excitedly tell people that we are having a baby.
  • people talking about such happy things around me all of the time.
  • the blissful anticipation of all of the good things that a new baby brings. (we won't think about the sleep deprivation and hormones.)
  • happy 2nd trimester hormones that put me in a state of, " hakuna matata."  
  • the constant realization that this is what life is all about and the appreciation for it.  
Have a great weekend.
Love, Gina

1 comment:

stacey said...

I absolutely loved reading this. I appreciate how you always look at the blessings in everything. It's been so fun seeing you pregnant again and enjoying it so much. Can't wait to meet this bundle. How blessed this baby is to be born into your love filled family. xo