I keep blogging, one post at a time. Why? Because blogging has benefited me and our family in specific ways:
- Blogging has given me a place to be "real" and show our girls what really went on in their Mom's head.
- Blogging gives me a place to jot down happy and humorous memories. No it isn't always "cherries and berries" around here but I am not worried about our children remembering the times when Mommy was "losing it," I am pretty sure those times will ring out in their memories. I want them to remember all of the fun that we had.
- Blogging has taught me a lot about myself and the life I am trying to live, our accomplishments, our failures and my never ending quest to become a better Mom and person.
- Blogging has reminded me how much I really love my husband and daughters and provides a place for our girls to look back and be reminded after I am gone that I really and truly loved the man I married and the children we had.
- Blogging has given me a place to laugh out loud when I look back at some of our daily activities and occurrences. (Some things are just funnier later, after they have passed and we have "survived."
- Blogging has helped me to clarify my own thinking.
More than anything this blog has reminded me of what my job as a mother really is. My job as a mother is not to get our daughters into the top colleges but to teach them to enjoy an ordinary life and make it extraordinary. To remind them to swim at the lake on a hot day, to take a walk with a friend, bake from scratch, love their family without reserve and above all, thank God every day for all that they have been given.
I am still learning, I am still growing and I am so thankful you have stuck with me for 1000 posts. Please stay by me for at least 1000 more.
Have a great day.
p.s. thank you kelly!