a few things that I observed that are part of our "new norm."
- if I try to run "one more errand" there is a guarantee the drive home will involve a screaming baby.
- a daily shower is so overrated.
- i sometimes look at cece and i and realize that we are both in the same clothes from yesterday.
- in the morning our bedroom looks like a bomb went off, a bomb containing: dirty diapers, nursing pads, burp cloths, pacifiers, blankets and anything else we tried to use during the night…in the middle of all this is a sleeping baby, a sleeping baby that is right smack dab in the middle of our full size bed.
- big sisters offering left and right to help with baby sister.
- unwritten thank you notes.
- unsent birth announcements/new years/4th of july cards….whatever they might end up being if someone finds the time to address them.
- unreturned phone calls.
- unreturned texts.
- unreturned emails.
- a mountain of unfolded clean clothes on the laundry room counter and a mountain of dirty clothes on the laundry room floor.
- if an outing requires me to wear something other than pajama pants or yoga pants….i don't want to go.
- i need my mocha more than ever….and I wish there was a drive thru close.
- sydney is still our time keeper and other mother
- dust bunnies are part of the family.
- even if it is written down….i will forget about it.
- the hair dryer and curling iron could be packed away with the christmas decorations…bring on the pony tail.
- a little bit of stuff sitting, everywhere! (bye, bye tidy house!)
- it takes a village and the village has been wonderful!
- can't we be "off" of homework for maternity leave too?!?
- can't we be "off" of the mortgage for maternity leave too?!?
- every activity requires the moby wrap or hot sling if it lasts more than 5 minutes and cece can't be latched on.
- cece likes to be latched on 95% of the time.
- cece likes to be held 100% of the time…but then again, who doesn't?
- shovel..i haven't picked one up this season yet (thanks honey and can i please use the "post-op" excuse the rest of the winter?)
- when strangers see us in public with 4 girls, i brace myself for the unsolicited response….see great article.
- how great is 4 girls!
Our new norm involves this beautiful girl so we will take it!