Sunday, March 02, 2014

It is the moments


 My sister told me that in parenting, "It is the moments, that make it all worth it." There are times when I really just soak in the moments and they far outweigh the freaking out over the girls fighting, the globs of toothpaste all over the bathroom or the circus trying to get out the door in a hurry.  Sometimes I just want to sit back and list the moments so I never forget them and focus on them.

  • Looking over at Steve and Gabby during church and catching them rubbing noses.  Both of them smiling from ear to ear.
  • The 6 of us all gathered by the fireplace under a blanket on a Saturday night.  Realizing what we have been given.
  • Walking into a coffee shop holding hands with Sydney.
  • Cece looking up at me and smiling as I change her diaper during the night. 
  • Tess taking every opportunity she can to hold Cece.  
  • Gabby brushing my hair because I love my hair brushed.  
  • Everyone laughing together at the breakfast table.  
Happy Sunday.  
Love, Gina

3 comments:

Naomi said...

So sweet. Thank goodness for these moments! :)

Danica said...

Now I'm grinning from ear to ear :) Also - I have taken myself back to our little visit last week many times... so wonderful!!! I look forward to coming to visit again :)

stacey said...

Yes. And again....amazing mom. You know what's real and important and your girls know, too. xo