Wednesday, April 16, 2014

We Miss You Auntie Joyce

I can't believe it has been 6 years since I have hugged my dear Auntie Joyce.  She was wonderful, she would have loved Gabby and Cece if she would have met them.  We miss her so much.  I don't know if I ever told you the story of why I always buy french silk pie on the anniversary of her death and her birthday so tonight I will explain.  When she came to visit our family on the farm when we were kids she always treated us to "Poppin' Fresh" pies from "the Cities."  Poppin' Fresh became Bakers Square and she continued to bring pies to the farm for our special treat.  French silk for the kids and some kind of Strawberry for my Dad.  She was so thoughtful.  This is why we celebrate her twice a year with french silk pie.  This year was no different, I surprised the girls with pie and we enjoyed our dessert together in her memory.  We love you Auntie Joyce.

Have a good night.
Gina

No comments: