Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Working Mom Update:

Well, I did it.  I survived my first work weekend.  They managed quite well without me (isn't that annoying?)  What do you mean I am replaceable?!    I came home to 4 cute kids that were doing just fine.

Okay, that was the synopsis of my first 3 days of work and the description that people want to hear and feel comfortable with.  Now I will tell you the ugly truth and nothing but the truth.  I cried on the way to work, my sister called me on my way to work and then I cried some more.  I got to work and I saw my friend walk through the door and started crying when I saw her.  Then I went in the changing room with about 15 other women and cried some more.  One of the nurses said, "Good bonding, even on your 4th, I am impressed."  I did laugh.  Everyone was so nice to me, over the course of the weekend my sister and 2 friends bought me 3 mochas, Steve brought the girls and some chocolate in…clearly people know what cures my emotional pain (chocolate and coffee.)  It was great to see all of my friends at work, they asked about the girls, they humored me and looked at my picture book and it was fun seeing everyone but I am not going to lie, it was hard, very hard.  When my three twelve hour shifts were over I cried at home again, thinking about how I was going to do it again.  But I will do it again and hopefully with less tears.  I will say, I all but jumped for joy when Cece would wake up during the night, I was just so excited to attend to her.  And another bright side, what do you get when you have a husband that is worried his wife won't go back to work?  A husband that does all of the laundry over the weekend AND goes grocery shopping.  That was nice.

The girls have been awesome, they are always excited to see me when I get home, that is nice.  I was talking to Tess about not wanting to leave to go to work and she said to me, "Then don't go Mom, be a stay at home mom.  You make our lunches and we will pay you."  Very cute.  One night I was whining and said, "I didn't even get to see the white of my baby's eyes because she was sleeping when I got home."  Tess replied, "Well just use your fingers and open her eyes, then you can see the white."  Pretty funny.  Everyone is doing just fine and I will get used to it again too, it is all a balancing act, a balancing act that I can master again, with one more sweet girl to love.  Oh how I love our girls, why does this have to be so hard?

Have a good day.
Love, Gina

P.S.I promise I didn't weep in my patient's room and was very professional and kind.  I also promise that every post will not be about me whining about working and missing the girls.  I just needed to get it out of my system.

1 comment:

stacey said...

You make our lunches and we pay you. Adorable. If only it were that easy.
I know how hard it was. Hang in there. Praying we both win the lottery soon.