Thursday, May 29, 2014

While you were sleeping

A crazy little story about nothing….for the last few months, every now and again my tongue randomly has been swelling up.  I did finally go to my GP and he gave me a script for an epi pen and I actually got it filled, he also recommended I see an allergist.  Well, I didn't get that done and as I was making appointments for 5 other people I blew that appointment off because it is really pretty infrequent and if I can save myself any time, I will.  Well, the other night I woke up to give Cece her pacifier around 2 am and realized that my tongue was swelled up again.  I didn't have any trouble breathing but I did move my epi pen to my nightstand because it actually was in the room.  Then I laid back down and felt so tired and I knew I should go downstairs and get some Benadryl but I really didn't want to get out of bed again.  I laid there thinking for a little while and realized it was pretty ignorant to not take Benadryl because I was too lazy to walk downstairs.  So I got up, took the benedryl and crawled back to bed.  Then I sat and worried for a while.  Then I decided to wake Steve, I woke him and said, "My tongue is swollen, if you hear me struggling to breathe call 911."  Then there was silence.  I asked, "Are you awake?"  He nodded.  Then I heard what sounded like a helicopter landing in our back yard and realized that it was just him snoring again….wow, he was worried sick!  Ha.  The benedryl started working and I fell back to sleep shortly after that and was fine….moral of the story, I need to make that appointment AND my husband is ultra chill about pretty much everything.

Have a good day.
Love, Gina

1 comment:

stacey said...

You crack me up.
And so strange!! Maybe you have developed an allergy to work?