Sunday, July 13, 2014

It's a meaningful life.

It is Sunday evening, I am trying to stay awake to "unwind" but what I should really do is close the computer and then close my eyes.  My 36 hour work weekend always leaves me exhausted and missing the girls and Steve terribly.  Aside from all of this if I just step back and see the forest through the trees I realize how blessed I am to have a job like I do.   I started out my weekend with a former patient coming into the hospital  and requesting me to take care of her with her 2nd baby.  I truly believe that it isn't just a coincidence that I happened to be working the weekend she came in to deliver and and am very thankful I was there.  Her requesting me was a wonderful compliment to me and what I needed to make me reflect on what a meaningful job I have been given.  I sometimes have a bad habit of focusing on how much I miss the girls when I am at work when in reality I have a very rewarding and meaningful job that I am very proud of.  I am also very proud of the example that I am setting for the girls by having such an honorable job.  I am so thankful for the special patients that are put in front of me to remind me of the importance of my calling in life.  I am also thankful for the special people I work with that make me laugh every day that I am there.  Laughing makes everything more fun.

Have a great week.
Love, Gina (working mom of 4….I think I can, I think I can...I knew I could.)

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Im trying to be better at this blog commenting thing as i enjoy reading blogs. But then i think ill go back and comment and never do. Oops. Maybe thats what people do with my blog? Lol! :) I do enjoy reading your blog very much. Just remember that. ;) anyways, i know i dont work as much but i can still very much relate to this. I never want to work because i dont want to be away from my family etc... But, when i think about switching areas in nursing (which i did briefly recently) or taking a brief retirement i just dont know if i can do it. It is such a wonderful job. And just when im thinking of throwing in the towel i get the sweetest thank you from a family and realize i just dont know if i can walk away.... Whew. That was long winded. Just know i feel your pain but you can do it. You are! You are an awesome mom and awesome nurse. Hope all is well. xo :)