Tuesday, September 30, 2014

this is 40

I rarely take a selfie but for my 40th I will.
40 things that I am proud of (from my first 40 years) that you may or may not know about me, that I am thankful for:
  1. I don't really feel 40 but then again what does 40 feel like?
  2. Cece being put in our lives was the icing on the cake of the end of my 30's.  
  3. I am proud to be a Christian.
  4. Our girls....the girls are my insurance that I will be leaving this earth someday better than I found it.  
  5. My husband/our marriage.  I almost married the wrong person but then I turned around and married the perfect person for me.
  6. The 2 marathons I ran in my life...there maybe one more in my future...someday.
  7. Being a nurse, it has always felt like my calling.
  8. My relationship with my sister, we have become so much closer as we got older.  
  9. My relationship with my brother, he always can make me laugh when I am with him. 
  10. My relationship with my parents, they never hold it against me that our conversations are always interrupted!
  11. My degree, college stressed me out but I stuck with it. 
  12. Kissing our girls a million times a day.
  13. Friends, I have so many people that show me so much love every day.
  14. I love coffee and enjoy coffee dates.
  15. My sister weekend mornings at P46
  16. I make sure we have a family photo by a talented photographer every year.
  17. I hold each girl at least once a day, even my 10 year old.  Usually a million times a day.
  18. I get up very early for exercise and time for me.
  19. I love having 4 children and feel very proud of it.  
  20. I realize all of the blessings that I have been given.
  21. Growing up on a farm, I loved it and even though my children have a great life, you can't beat the farm. (Thanks Mom & Dad.)
  22. My relationship with the girls, each one is different.
  23. My relationship with my husband, we work at it.
  24. Our neighborhood, I love it!
  25. Living in Boston for almost 10 years.
  26. Visiting my girlfriend in Ireland and never losing touch.
  27. Visiting Europe with my parents, Steve, Syd & Tess
  28. Learning to play the piano (thanks Mom & Dad)
  29. Singing to my husband at our wedding.
  30. Surviving the trials (and joys) of newborn bootcamp 4 times!
  31. All of our house and condo projects.
  32. Baking with the girls.
  33. Taking millions of photos.
  34. Keeping up on the blog for 8 years.  
  35. Remembering to thank my maker.
  36. I love, love, loved being pregnant and am thankful for those opportunities. 
  37. I rarely watch TV.
  38. Leaving Facebook, it was the right decision for me.
  39. Being real for our children.
  40. Loving life.
40 things I hope to do more of  (or less of) in my next 40 years:
  1. Run another marathon.
  2. Always be able to race my children and play on the park equipment.
  3. Take more baths.
  4. Stop cursing.  
  5. Worry less about what other people are doing.
  6. Worry less about what other parents are doing.
  7. Write a book.
  8. Complain less about the stress of being a working Mom.
  9. Write more handwritten notes/letters
  10. Pray
  11. Be confident.
  12. Worry less about what my house looks like. 
  13. Get more sleep.
  14. Eat more fruit.
  15. Eat more vegetables.
  16. Take guilt free time for me.
  17. Go on more dates.
  18. Continue to color my hair (I don't want people to think I am Cece's grandma!;)
  19. Learn how to help my children when they are stressed and not get stressed myself!
  20. Love myself for who I am.
  21. Worry less.
  22. Keep baking with the girls.
  23. Start Christmas shopping early so it doesn't need to be stressful.
  24. Stop getting behind on emails during the school year.
  25. Get the girls' blog books all printed out. 
  26. Graduate to a queen size bed.
  27. Move Cece out of our room.
  28. Stop sending out belated birthday cards and mail them on time.
  29. Reach out to people that seem "unreachable."
  30. Volunteer more.
  31. Educate on ovarian cancer.
  32. Suck it up and get Tess a dog.
  33. Use my time wisely.
  34. Don't watch the swimmers in the other lane, I will never win.
  35. Stop whining.
  36. Simplify.
  37. Set a good example for our girls. 
  38. Watch more movies with my husband, he loves them.
  39. Write in my gratitude journal.
  40. Treat everyone the way that I would want to be treated.  
There you have it, some of the things I am very proud of and some of the things I need to work at.  Now I am going to celebrate my first 40 years and hope for another 40.  Life has been very, very good to me and so have all of you.  I am so thankful.

Have a great day.
Love, Gina

4 comments:

Emma, Max and Sam said...

Happy Birthday to a fantastic girl!! You are still completely beautiful--inside and out :) !!
Love you--Carrie

Erica said...

Happy BIrthday! 40 amazing years!

We love you very much and are truly proud to call you family

the Colorado B's

ps, Jack misses you a lot

Erica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
stacey said...

I love your lists.
Being real for your children... Such a gift, friend. And they will thank you for it someday.
Stop cursing? I don't think I've ever heard you curse.
You would write an awesome book.
Another marathon? Rock star. I'm lucky if I can run 3 miles.

Love you and I hope your birthday was very special.