Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Where have i been?

 I will preface this post by mentioning I have 4 children that I love with all of my heart and soul.  I always wanted a large family and I thank God that I was given this and 4 children with a partner that would move mountains for us.  I also realize that I have wonderful family and friends that help me out whenever they can.  All of this being said and acknowledging that I am blessed I am going to just put it out there, I am overwhelmed.  Life ebbs and flows, I keep up pretty well, I do the best I can, my husband does the best he can, our girls do the best they can but at times I still get this feeling of being overwhelmed.  I never thought being a working Mom of 4 would be easy, I am not an idiot but I usually take pride in being a "machine" and rolling with the punches.  I really hate it when I let my "to do" list get the best of me.  I have a million photos I would love to post, some winter gear that still needs to be in place, a mountain of laundry sitting next to me to be folded, birthday thank you notes to be written, Halloween candy to be bought, a birthday gift for my Dad to be bought (his birthday is tomorrow,) children to be settled in their new rooms, and allergy shot that is due, a 2nd flu shot that is due for a cute baby,  homework to be started in a half hour, the nanny called in sick yesterday and I am anticipating the same thing for tomorrow.  (Lets be honest, this tearful fit is probably mostly caused by a cloudy day and anticipating scrounging for childcare for tomorrow.)  Life is not that bad, I just needed to get "where I have been" off my chest.  When I feel like this I play this song and after a good cry I always feel better.  Thanks for listening.

Love, Gina

2 comments:

stacey said...

Such a great song. I just listened to it and had a good cry myself.

Hang in there mama, you are doing an amazing job. Love you.

Cousin Lisa said...

Alls I knows is that I LOVE YOU. You are one of the most Amazing Humans I know and I tell anyone who will listen.
Cali Air Hug coming your way.