Thursday, January 01, 2015

Goodbye 2014 and Happy New Year!

I blinked and 2014 was over, we celebrated with these 4 little loves again this year.  Do you remember last year?
 We enjoyed this New Year's Eve as a family just as much as last year only this year we put our baby to bed and she slept through the night, all night.  Ahhh, I do love that about our baby now.
2014 was a great year for us and I have many random observations of 2014:

  • We learned how to be a family of 6 and sometimes we rock it…..sometimes we just fake it.  Either way we are happy and so happy that Cece joined our family.
  • Fastest year so far.
  • Gabby finished preschool, started kindergarten.  She loves it, she is awesome.
  • All 3 girls in the same school, the only year for the rest of our parental careers that 3 children will be in the same school at the same time.  
  • Enjoyed a larger cabin at our summer vacation spot, we needed it.
  • We ended our relationship with cable TV.  This break up was discussed for many years and finally we said good bye.
  • Cece spent 10 months in our bedroom….would this be called crunchy granola by some?
  • My addiction to coffee prepared by someone else became very, very strong.
  • We continue to sleep in a full size bed and really don't mind it, except when all 4 children join us.
  • We both turned 4-0.  I don't think it really bothered either of us, I mean we have 4 children, we don't have time to think about such nonsense.  Beats the alternative.  Worse than turning 40... your bra size after nursing 4 children at 40.  (Sorry, I have a chronic problem of over sharing.)
  • We said good bye to our guest room and occupied all 5 of our bedrooms.  
  • Grannie Annie the nanny said good bye after 6 years of taking good care of the girls.  
  • I went a little crazy after losing our child care of 6 years.  
  • I regained my sanity when I decided to focus on the holidays.  
  • We didn't take on any major house projects, we decided to have a baby instead.  
2014 was good to us, we have been blessed.  Looking forward to 2015 with our little family.
Happy New Year!!
Love, Gina

3 comments:

Danica said...

Love you ALL, How I wish EduIe and I could swing over with coffees and snuggles!

Danica said...

EduIe? That's an interesting autocorrect for Edie!

stacey said...

I love this list. It's been so fun seeing you come into your own as a mom of 4. You do an amazing job.