Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Its a boy!


Can you believe it?  I have finally caved and I would like to introduce you to Mico.  Our new puppy.  As you can see from the photos the girls are in heaven and couldn't be happier.  Steve is also in heaven but I haven't snapped a photo of that yet.  And me….yes, I am happy that they are happy.  You know the joke, "Having a 4th child is like you are drowning and someone hands you a baby."  Well, having a 4th child, who happens to be a toddler and a puppy is like you are drowning in the center of the ocean with a heavy rock tied to your foot and you essentially have 2 toddlers.  I will remind you that he just came to live with us a little over 2 weeks ago and it is all an adjustment.  The first day we had him I picked him up from the groomer and he promptly peed on their floor.  I was so proud.  Then the groomer showed me this big ball of fur that was laying on the desk and said, "I saved this for you."  Um, saved this for me?  I tried to hide my disdain but probably didn't do well.  She said, "I thought your daughter would enjoy this little memento from his first haircut."  Lets see, I have a toddler in the Ergo baby carrier so that I can manage everything, her baby book isn't even completed and you think I want to save this puppy hair?  I shoved it in my purse and pretended I thought it was thoughtful.  Later I picked up my phone to make a call and found the hair sticking to my screen.  Magical.  As the weeks go on I have learned to manage the puppy that is curious about everything and the toddler that refuses to walk.  We occasionally have set backs and then Steve enjoys a nice dramatic text from his wife, so I guess that isn't much different than a typical day at the B's.  Drama is my specialty.  I may have cried about the puppy once but then realized it is all about perspective and a crazy puppy is really just a first world problem.  Or actually an inconvenience.  The girls are so happy to have a puppy and it is especially fun to watch Tess with him.  She can't get enough of him and is going to love the summer to spend with him.  I am going to love more people to keep an eye on him!!!
Love, Gina

1 comment:

stacey said...

The "it's a boy" title cracked me up. I love these photos of the girls with him. Adorable. He's such a sweet dog and after you get over the adjustment period you are going to be even more happy that you said yes. But it's not easy, I know! Hang in there and keep doing what you are doing, being the great mom that you are.
And it looks like Gabby has the same fake smile that Eli has been having lately! :)