My last post was the first day of school, needless to say so much has went on since that day. I will randomly review it with my bad iPhone 4 photos. (If you are reading this Steve I don't want a new phone for my birthday, just pick me one up to be nice.)
The down and dirty in random order……
- This little lady is growing up so fast and sometimes she thinks it is fun to take her diaper off during the night if we don't put a onesie on her, I will spare you the details of the photo of her mattress art. (Even she looks disgusted with herself.)
- I read a good book and now I have "KonMaried"a large part of our house….this is now all of the clothes I own for all seasons. (It feels good. And honestly, was I ever going to grow into those bras that fit me before nursing 4 children? I said goodbye to them so that other less fortunate 12 year olds can wear them;) Riddle me this: Chocolate chip cookies always fill my back pockets quite nicely over time but why do I still have empty gaps in my bra?
- Steve helped our favorite family move out of this house, a very sad day but we are still getting to enjoy them a few more weeks.
- Many stroller walks and jogs with this little girl and she likes to feed her baby at the same time.
- I took this girl out school shopping and loved the one on one time.
- This little lady had her first ENT and was awesome, no tubes yet and ear infections seem to be getting better.
- We had a family picnic in Litchfield and these 2 had a moment bonding.
- So cute in their new grades.
- Steve and I had a date at the state fair this year, we missed the girls but enjoyed some time alone.
- We checked out Teddy Bear park with some friends. A lovely visit at a lovely place.
- My sister and I took a trip to Winona to watch these 2 littles during their cousin's funeral. Sadly Lorna's sweet nephew Gavin passed away last week and it was heartbreaking. I still can't imagine the pain that they are all experiencing. Please remember them in your prayers.
- We met our friends at the zoo on a beautiful day. These 2 girls are very cute to watch together.
- We went to Lucan for our favorite event, the big dumpling dinner and auction. The girls loved running around and there was so much to see.
- I think an auction is a very fun experience and I have very early memories of going to them as a child.
of course our little country girl enjoyed all of it. (Pretty sure people were judging me for taking a photo instead of telling her to get down like I should have. You know it is all fun and games until someone breaks an arm and actually Lucan is where she last broke her arm.)
- Our washing machine machine is currently broken and they no longer sell the pump for it that it needs. Luckily I can still use it if I run down to the laundry room and hook up a hose when the machine has 35 minutes left in the cycle. It is a very convenient process. (I guess it could be worse, I am not going to Lake Harriet and washing my clothes in the lake, but wow. All I can say is wow.) Wishing I could just order the washer and dryer online because honestly, when are Steve and I going to have time to go and pick one out together? You know college football just started don't you? If you are reading this Steve, I don't want a washer and dryer for my birthday either.
- The family also went to the annual movie at TCF and everyone had a really good time.
- Cece is still treated like our human doll.
- Steve took the girls to a Twins game and they loved it.
- Sydney is really doing well with middle school, I am so proud of her. Me on the other hand….I really prefer emails from one teacher instead of multiple teachers that she sees all day long. I mean really, multiply that times 3 children and when I get done checking school emails I also work outside the home in my spare time. I am all for going back to the one room school house with all ages in one room. Bring it on.
- Meako still lives with us and most everyone is crazy about him. He is crazy about pretty much everyone and everything, he enjoys gardening, walks in the park, chewing on my bras, running with Cece's toys and likes to chew on pens on my newest rug when I am in the shower. Wow he has a lot of interests.
- A little Meako story because now I am going to become that person that tells stupid stories about their kids and their dog….insert eye roll from everyone listening….a few weeks ago I was busy in the kitchen (like the good wife that I am) Steve was busy reading the paper and the kids asked if they could put Cece on the toilet because she looked like she was going to poop. I told them to have at it and went about my business. From the kitchen I could hear them yell, "Oh no, she already pooped in her diaper and it fell on the floor!" And a few seconds later I heard them yell, "Oh gross, Meako ate it!" Just another well controlled day at the sweet B household.
- Last week we had our first Curriculum Night at school, this is a time when the teacher explains to the parents the curriculum and some new parents take notes despite the very descriptive handout and some parents just try their best to look interested and daydream about how this meeting would be so much better with wine. I rushed in to Gabby's classroom after dropping S & T at piano lessons and G & C at the babysitter. Everyone was waiting for the meeting to start and I asked Gabby's teacher how she was and she said fine and then she decided to give me a brief rundown on Gabby in her classroom so far. (Might I remind you there are parents all sitting around waiting, looking at their phones and pretending to not be listening.) The teacher said to me, "You know Gabby has a little attitude, does she have an attitude at home?" Then she pointed to her seat that was set apart from the other kids and said, "She likes to talk so this is where I moved her." You know all of the parents were thinking, "I am so glad I am not that Mom." Wow….we are off to a great start. I tried not to cry, held my head high and spent the rest of the meeting thinking about the lecture I had prepared for Gabby when I got home. Parenting can be such a humbling job.
- Speaking of little miss attitude she also makes me laugh and I wish I could remember more of the things that the girls say to us. I had worked late one evening and in the morning I was a little short and grouchy during the morning rush of kids. On the way to school I was trying to make amends and said to the girls, "I am really sorry I was so crabby getting ready this morning." and to this Gabby responded, "That is okay Mommy, we know that sometimes when you work late, you wake up in the morning and forget to be nice." Point taken, thank you Gabby.
- My Mom came to stay the last 2 days and helped with the girls and Beth's kids while we were working, it was glorious and I wish she lived in an in-law suite 24/7.
- I am drinking a lot of caffeine lately, my iron is up again and my doctor told me I can go off of the iron but she didn't mention going off of the caffeine so I am sticking to it.
That is the last few weeks in a random nutshell. We are keeping on, keeping on. Have a great day.