Thursday, October 15, 2015

Grief and worry are exhausting.

I have been away from the blog and actually I have been away from a lot of things, I am just keeping on keeping on.  I still have photos that need to be posted and some catching up to do but for now just a little bit of what has been going on in my/our world.

Our dear friends Greg and Nancy made their move and moved to South Carolina.  A very, very sad day for us but happy new beginning for them.  A great place for us to visit too.

My brother's wife, Lorna was admitted at 22 weeks gestation with preeclampsia and on permanent bed rest until she delivers.  She is here in Minneapolis and 2.5 hours from their family.  This has all been very sad and very scary.  She is now 25.5 weeks gestation and is hanging in there, we are praying hard for her to hang on and grow that little baby as long as possible.

Then my birthday happened and everyone made it very special and I turned another year older and actually didn't feel older, maybe just crazier.  I received a million thoughtful texts, cards, emails, gifts and messages and appreciated all of them but returned about 1% of them…this is how I roll these days. I am still forever grateful.

I have a lovely, wonderful job and I witness wonderful, lovely things all of the time but sometimes I witness very sad things, things that make me realize that even when I do everything I possibly can to do  things right, things don't end the way they are supposed to.  Sometimes as a nurse I grieve for my patients loss as if it is my own.  This is by far the hardest part of my job and has been on my mind for the last 2 weeks.  I honestly just don't understand why some things have to be this way and why are wonderful people dealt such a difficult hand?  I have no answers.

I ran the Twin Cities 10 mile with a special friend and loved it!  I was so happy she asked me to run with her and it was just what I needed.  It was a beautiful day for a long run and we had a lot of fun.  It is such an unexplainable feeling to be able to do it and have your daughters and family see you take some time to do something good for yourself.

Cece continues to be independent.  She jumped out of her crib last weekend and broke her wrist in 2 places.  Cast yesterday and today it is her favorite weapon.  Never a dull moment.

Kids off of school for MEA weekend.   Kate and Alex came for the day, fun "park hopping" and a picnic at the park.  All was very fun until Alex walked into a pole and split open his skin under his eyebrow…. Again, never a dull moment.  Interesting enough when the triage nurse asked if we were icing it I realized that that would be a good idea.  Clinic nurse showing the floor nurse up;)  In my world we only ice vaginas.

On that note, I better get to bed, back to work tomorrow.  Prayers for me please.
Love, Gina


2 comments:

Danica said...

We only ice vaginas!!! LOL!!! You are awesome.

AnaVolovsek said...

So many thoughts for you!!! I miss you and am sending you big hugs!