Sunday, February 07, 2016

And then it was February

I am not sure where January went but I wasn't ready for February yet but I better just buckle up because here it is.  So far it has already been busy.  

We hosted a pasta party during a home hockey tournament, the girls all had a great time and I didn't even act like a nervous freak.  I am growing up I guess.  
 Cece hung out with a friend a few weeks ago and played nice until she hit her in the face to get her way and then that fun ended.


 But we got to see this sweet baby and Cece didn't hit her so we were happy and thankful about that.

This past week I went to Deep Portage on a field trip "up North" with Tess's class.  Thank God for my Mom that came to help Steve with the remaining 3 children that I left at home.
 It was a fun bonding trip with Tesser.
 It is always fun to watch Tess completely in her element.


 Didn't we all enjoy building forts and shelters as a child?  Very cute.

 My favorite part was the home cooked meals made for me and the children and 9 hours of sleep a night.  If I didn't have to stand in the cold so much I would have thought it was a vacation!

 Just a couple of kids....can you spy Tess?  (Look for the stocking cap.)
 One of Tess's favorite activities, rock climbing.  I will spare you the photos of me doing this activity.
 Tess and her Bestie.  We made it home safely and I may have been a little overwhelmed returning to being a Mom of 4 again.  (There isn't a hired cook here.)
 Yesterday I took the ladies and 2 of their cousins to a book carnival.  Very fun and even the oldest seemed to enjoy herself.  I love that she still gives her 100 percent to things that may be more geared to her younger siblings.





I love a neighborhood activity, especially if it involves playing and reading.  Now I need to put on my big girl pants because February requires me to be a big girl.  The Valentine's have not been purchased yet and we have several Valentine parties this week, I work 36 hours the first 3 days of the week, Steve is traveling out of town, we have 2 family birthdays to celebrate this month, 2 same day surgeries this month and the start of more allergy testing for Syd.  Glad it is a leap year so we can get this all in.  Would really like to be the kid this month instead of the Mom....sorry I am whining.

Have a great week!
Love, Gina

2 comments:

Naomi said...

glad to see youre doing well! February is almost half way over--hang in there! Let me know if you need a coffee break. :)

stacey said...

You are super mom. xo