Sunday, March 13, 2016

The Forest Through the Trees

Sometimes you just need to step back from the hustle and busy of everyday life and remind yourself of all of the things that you are so thankful for.  Sometimes things just seem so crazy that I tend to really complain about the chaos and my lack of moments to breathe when honestly my life is like this because I do have so many blessings.  I am so very thankful and never want to lose sight of the big picture.
A list of the things I am feeling thankful for right now:

  • My parents being my first teachers about God and thanksgiving.
  • My sister taking time for coffee at the wee hours of the morning before our families are stirring.
  • End of the year hockey party today, ahhhh, survived the crazy schedule.
  • Several patients that made me cry this weekend because of their "stories' and unfailing appreciation for their nurses.  Being a working Mom is one of my greatest struggles but one of my greatest blessings, it is so ironic.
  • Women/friends to work with, laugh with and cry with. 
  • My husband being able to load our ladies up for a road trip to visit his family without even thinking about it.  
  • A special friend visiting next week.
  • The day off with my family.
  • A weekend away with my family next weekend.
  • Hot mochas and iced coffees.  (You didn't think I would forget coffee did you? 
Now I must stop and seize the day.
Love, Gina

P.S. Photo credit to the lovely and talented Stacey.

2 comments:

Annalisa said...

Gina, you are an amazing person and mother!I love to read your posts. They are so uplifting.

stacey said...

Lisa is right. :)
Love you.