Saturday, December 24, 2016

The Sweet B's meet RSV for the first time.

I came home from a long day of work and found Miss Cece miserably sick, laying on her Daddy struggling to breathe.  By the time we got to the emergency room she was hypoxic and her oxygen sats were in the 80's.  She was working really hard and required a nebulizer treatment and oxygen as soon as we got to the hospital.
We found out pretty quickly that Cece would be admitted to treat her nasty reparatory difficulty and the nasty virus she picked up.
Our little lady was a trooper through her 3 night hospital stay.  She needed oxygen to keep her stats up and nebulizer treatments every 2 hours round the clock.
She was really good about letting me hold her the hold time in her bed which was good because her IV, monitors and oxygen didn't reach very far.  Once they started treating her with oral steroids she was pretty wild in her bed and I may have called the nurse at 2am because I "didn't know what to do with her" because she was absolutely wild.  Can you imagine the conversation at the nurses station that night? …."This woman calls herself a nurse and a mother of 4 and doesn't know how to deal with a wild almost 3 year old hopped up on steroids?!"  They offered her Melatonin which for the record does nothing for a toddler hopped up on steroids.


Truthfully I hated to see her so sick but I didn't for minute take for granted the opportunity to hold my "baby"for days and nights straight.  At one point a caring nurse tried to tell me to go home to rest because I may have been irrationally crying from sleep deprivation but what she didn't understand is that holding my little ones is what I live for and they are growing up too fast, I couldn't leave.  I didn't leave but I stopped blubbering in front of the nurse and she let me stay.  And I held my baby until my heart was content.  
Christmas eve we were discharged from the hospital and we were so happy to have our little lady back at home, together as a family.  Best. Present. Ever.  
We are so thankful for the wonderful care at Children's hospital and our little girl on the mend.  
Love, Gina

No comments: