a couple of years ago.
This is me last year,
with my best friend....Steve
I struggle to write about me because I feel like my life is so much more than just me. But here it is, I will give it a try.
I grew up in a small town, a very tiny town. Lucan, MN. I lived there all of my life until I became a Jackrabbit in Brookings, South Dakota. That is where I pursued and received my nursing degree. What a proud moment that was.
Then I moved to Willmar, Minnesota in June of 1998 where I worked at my very first nursing job at Rice Memorial Hospital. While I was working there I met my soul mate, Steve and new I needed to follow my heart and moved to Boston to be closer to him. I moved there in 1999, became engaged in 2000 (whew, the move paid off!) and we married on July 14, 2001.
Since then we have been blessed with 4 beautiful, spunky and always crazy daughters. We moved back to Minnesota where I live as a full time Wife and Mom and a part time OB nurse.
I am really not very complicated, I have a husband, 3 children I adore and actually am living the life I had always dreamed of. (Minus the mortgage and sleep deprivation.) My family, friends and faith help me get through this life and have stuck by me in times when I may not have been so good about keeping in touch, getting together or returning calls. For this I will always be thankful.
A few other things you may not know about me:
- I love chocolate
- I am super crabby when I am hungry
- My favorite food is dumplings and sour kraut
- I get uncomfortable when people question me about my faith.
- I have ran 2 marathons.
- I love being pregnant and can't get over being "done."
- I love my friends in Minnesota and will forever miss my friends in Boston.
- I think a lot about how I want to live a long life and watch our girls grow up.
- I love being in my PJ's at home, under a blanket.
- I love my birthday, even if it means I am getting older. How blessed am I to have another birthday?
- Don't let handwritten letters and thank you notes become a lost art.
- Read 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself by Steve Chandler
- Listen to the Statler Brothers and Kenny Rogers at some point in your life, they will make you smile.
- Travel, travel, travel, but always remember your roots.
- Experience is something you can't fake.
- Life will not always be fair, but it will always be worth it.
- Only you can make yourself happy.
- Love does not hurt.
- Never use the term "retard" it is disrespectful and despicable.
- Respect and appreciate your elders, they will teach you invaluable lessons.
- Bigger is not always better and new is not always better.
- Treat others the way you would want to be treated.
- Never watch the swimmers in the other lane, you will never win.
- Never be afraid to ask for help, it is a not a sign of weakness, it is a sign of wisdom.
- Don't sweat the small stuff.
- You should never be "bored," bored is being too lazy to entertain yourself.
- Life is a gift, always remember to thank your maker.
There you have it,
I'm gina... a wife. mom. sister. daughter. friend, christian. nurse and lover of our 3 sweet girls. I am a work in progress and am working hard to be a better me. (I can always use prayers!)